Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Changing Pace

Hello there. Glad to be back. I bet you were wondering if I was ever coming back. I hope your holidays were just wonderful. You can read about how we spent our holidays here.
 
I have been thinking about this for a while and just need to put it out there, so if you are interested in reading it then please bear with me. I do tend to ramble.
 
Let me start by saying that I tend to compartmentalize things. Simplified, my life is separating whites and colors. Girl things and boy things. Dishes on one shelf, glasses on another. You know. The same goes for my personal life. College friends and church friends. Couple friends and playgroup friends. Family blog and "work" blog. You get the point.
 
I started this blog with the intention of following a big passion of mine that also happens to be a big part of our families income- sewing. It is new(er) to me and I have filled thousands of hours of free time creating things for precious little ones. There is so much fun information and inspiration to share with other sewers so I decided to document it on this blog. That idea easily turned into following crafts in general and not just sewing. I was still okay with that because quite frankly, sewing and crafting go hand in hand. I figured it still applied to my readers and therefore made sense.
 
The problem is this. I am passionate about a bunch of stuff. As compartmental as many things are in my life my passions are truly all over the place. Maybe it is because I have two little ones and everything feels chaotic, but I can be pretty scatterbrained these days (hence this rambling post). I do love sewing and crafting, but I also love photography. I like to cook when I find an easy recipe that fits our schedule. I like to talk about my kids and what is going on with them. I also really need a place to just vent sometimes.
 
Since I like things neat and in their own place, I want to keep my family blog about family. Specifically it is an online scrapbook of my kids. I really don't want to keep up with 20 blogs, so what I am proposing is this....Can I use this Noodles & Milk blog as my catch all for everything else? Can this space act as my place for all the random things that I love? Will you still read it if it is?
 
I want to write about kids idiosyncrasies, what I am learning about photographing, inspiring sewing, mom frustrations, great recipes I come across and of course the occasional giveaways and featured shops (because I do love promoting other crafty businesses and moms).
 
Is anyone out there? What do you think?
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kristine said...

I've often thought the same thing about my blogs! I have one for family and one for my sewing.

I would be totally cool with you doing whatever you want on this blog. It's YOUR blog! And I would still read it. Especially because a lot of what you're interested in, I'm interested in. Blog away! :)

Vanessa Hewell said...

I say do what works for you! I can't even imagine trying to keep up with multiple blogs so I kind of throw it all into one.

Anonymous said...

As a mpther of 7 (15 down to 3 years old), I can certainly appreciate feeling scatterbrained. I too have many passions, and as the little one is in preschool, I would love to focus on just one, and really make something of it. I love to sew, take photos, craft and create. Please DO keep Noodles and Milk as your catchall; it will help me realize that I am not alone in my pursuit of so many things.

Kady L. said...

I will most certainly keep reading. I started my own blog last spring. It took a few turns and was going great, but sadly, now that's I've gone back to work I just don't have the time for it anymore. I saw do as you please, it's yours and it's not intended to cause you any stress.
Kady

Stephanie said...

You know I'm reading, no matter what! :)

Stephanie @ Love. Life. Read said...

Definitely! I am definitely sticking around for the long haul:)

I have been thinking about starting a personal blog to cover all the topics not related to my personal blog. I haven't had as much time to scrapbook as I would like so I think the personal blog my feel some of the void until I can make more time to scrapbook.

amy said...

I will be reading!!! Do what makes sense to you and makes you happy!

bethany said...

i echo what Stephanie said-but I think it's a great idea!

Cindy said...

I say, "YOU GO GIRL"! :o)

Wendy said...

I just found your blog after you did the reindeer shirt having been following you since. Do whatever is easiest for you, but please keep inspiring me with your sewing creations!

Kelly Irene said...

I see nothing wrong with including other information. I know what you mean about want to keep your blogs compartmentalized, but that can be so confusing for you the writer (life isn't always that way!), and I think mixing it up makes thing more interesting for your reader too.
Thanks for keeping up with the blog and sharing so much with us!

Dana said...

I'll continue to read your blog. Lots of other mothers and crafters out there are trying to simplify, whether it be with blogs or moms' groups or whatever! Simplify for you and that can encourage others to do the same.

Ashley N said...

I agree with everyone else...do what works for you. I'm sure you won't lose any readers if the format changes some. And as a mama who is trying to juggle working from home, an etsy business, two small children, etc., I would appreciate seeing a simple recipe now and then : ) I'm also into photography, so I would love to see some of that.

Your blog has been invaluable to me this year as I've started my etsy shop, so there is no way I would quit reading. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I try to read when I can (the three crazy kids tend to keep me from reading more...) but I love all the crafting and sewing stuff you feature, so I'm I'd love it even more if you added new things!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates