Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fun Etsy Finds: Upcycling

Do you know about upcycling? In case you have no idea what I am talking about, according to Wikipedia, something that is upcycled can be defined as "the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value". Cool, huh?

Etsy has all kinds of upcycled goodies to find. Here is a sampling:

 Blue Bird Heaven: Check out this super cool jewelry display. It is an upcycled antique drawer!
 Collageorama: This is a vintage dictionary page with a new print layered over it. I love this look.
 Handmade:Modern: Vintage book upcycled into a notebook
 Eye Pop Art: This vintage record has been re-purposed into a clock. This entire shop is recycled records- they have done some cool stuff!
 Fox Island Fancywork: Look at this gorgeous wool brooch.  
 Handmade Pretties: Check out this girls skirt! It is made from old sweaters. I big fat puffy heart it!
 Jen Gourley Designs: I need these earrings. Seriously. I need them.
 Marchello Art: This funky bracelet is a fork! Isn't that amazing?!?!
 Metal and Mud: This shop has all kinds of great upcycled plates and ceramics.
 Mountain Cove Antiques: Antique frame that has been upcycled in a beautiful robin's egg blue color.
 Sew New Things: These bracelets are vintage knitting needles! I think these would be a cute gift for the knitter in your family.
 Tom Bjorn Designs: Look how colorful this necklace is! It is made with upcycled buttons. Once again, I need this. Immediately.
Tweal: This upcycled shirt is so precious. I adore everything with ruffles, so it is right up my alley:)

I hope you have enjoyed these upcycled goodies. Happy Shopping!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great finds!
We're having a giveaway from Tom Bjorn Designs on a little etsy love soon!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates